Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm thinking of leaving my boyfriend of just over 6 years.?

I met him when I was 23 and he was 30 and just going through a very bad divorce. We have been living together for 5 of the 6 years and at first I got along well with his 2 children. Now his daughter and I do not get along at all, whatsoever, and I cannot see this changing anytime soon. This has been my only relationship. Before this I had never had a boyfriend and have always thought low of myself. I have been just co-existing in this house but my boyfriend and I have drifted apart and I can honestly say I%26#039;m content with the situation but not happy. I recently met a guy at work who I really enjoy spending time with, who is single and closer to my age, and who has shown some interest in me and who I really enjoy talking to and being with. This has opened my eyes to how I really feel being in my current relationship. I%26#039;m not sure if I should try to stick it out and make it better or if I should just leave and try to move on.|||You should move on with your life. Sometimes people come into your life for seasons. They are there to teach a lesson and move on. Although the co-worker may or may not be the one for you, he has shown you that your current situation just isn%26#039;t going to make you happy. You are a young woman and I%26#039;m sure you want to be happily married some day. Your boyfriend may not want to go down that road again after a nasty divorce. Life is too short and everybody deserves true happiness.|||Then leave!|||just go for the one with whom u feel happy and the one u can trust|||I think you should move on the older the daughter get the more you wont get along also the longer you stay the more unhappy you will get.|||If you dont feel happy in the relationship and you and your boyfriend are not as close, then leave.|||I say go for the new guy, because if your boyfriend respected you enough he would not let his children disrespect you and I think youve gave him too much of your time.. 6 years of babysitting a disrespectul kid, oh no...


Go out with this new guy and have the time of your life :)


Good Luck|||I f your not happy get out! You deserve the best for yourself and this guy seems to not care at all. You shouldn%26#039;t have to ce %26quot;content%26quot; and %26quot;settle%26quot;. Plus he was your first and onl;y relationship. Theres more fish in the sea, you%26#039;ll see. Go out w/ the work guy and see what happens i%26#039;m not saying cheat on your bf but go out once otr twice and see how u feel. Best of luck to you!|||i would leave, no reason to stick things out, you dont have kids together, its your life all by yourself and you dont have to sacrifice for him just because you have time invested|||I went thru a similar situation myself(me 22, he 30), except his kids spent very little time with us, so they weren%26#039;t a factor. I felt that he didn%26#039;t want to move beyond living together (he had been there, done that), so the relationship went stagnant. He clung on to me, because of fear of repeated relationship failure (I see that now) I felt smothered and soon I became distracted by other men. You definitely should leave, but don%26#039;t make the same mistake that I made by not being honest. Don%26#039;t use a new interest as an excuse, you need to grow as an adult, you were young entering the relationship, and need time to get to know yourself. It is a bullshit line, but has some truth to it. You need to ask yourself - why was a 30 year old interested in me, a kid? Because he felt that he failed with someone his own age, and saw you as naiive, someone who wouldn%26#039;t see his flaws, someone who would look up to him. make sense?


I wish you good luck, and the courage to do this for yourself. If all else fails, twist things so he will break up with you!!! ie: leave a guys phone # in your pocket, stay out late without an explanation, become more distant.