Saturday, June 4, 2011

Existing not Living ... Being a Student ...?

Hi, Im in my second last year of High School so Im really studying to get into College. Im getting kind of depressed though because last year I fell in with the wrong crowd and really changed but Im slowly going back to who I was.


I feel with studying Im merely existing and not living. Everyone my age is out having fun (not studying) and living life to the max. going to clubs and concerts. I havn%26#039;t left the house in a week (not studying all the time though) Tonight Im going cinema and its a highlight.


I sound like a loser but Im not I have lots of friends, Im just not into drinking and partying - What should I do to be happy with life? Were any of you guys ever in this situation? I feel I have no importance... Im just bored all of the time.


I know I%26#039;ll be happy in one year when I go to college but right now at age 17/18 ... it%26#039;s just so ****, you know.|||heck i%26#039;m a college student and I feel like that. it%26#039;s all good youll have time to party after college. college is not for partying its for learning.|||I%26#039;m in college and in the same situation you are, so you shouldn%26#039;t feel like your not normal. I wish I was like you are when I was in high school, because you already have an idea of what it takes to be a successful student. Your friends will be in for a rude awakening when they get to college. Going to a movie is a big event for me too :o) If I find the time to do anything outside the realm of studying I%26#039;m ecstatic! When you do have time for yourself, you should make it about yourself. Even if you don%26#039;t feel like going out partying you can have fun by just treating yourself to a night of pampering and stress relief. Relax and just enjoy having nothing to do for a bit.|||Sadly, I think many in our culture define happiness through partying and drinking. I, much like you, never did get into it. It seemed pointless and stupid to me. I found pleasure in learning and educating myself. Knowing I could do anything and learn anything was a pleasure to me. I also made friends with those rare people who were more like me. So we would do things like go to restaurants and coffee shops and have intellectual conversations which I enjoyed much more than getting drunk and passing out.





In other words, make your life what you want it to be and define it the way you want...not the way your peer groups or society expects you to be.|||Read the bible. You%26#039;ll know wether your doing fine or not. Cuz what your doing is good. Don%26#039;t go out partying and drinking. It%26#039;s really not fun like they say it is. Really they%26#039;re waisting there life! Believe it or not!|||Enjoy being a student. Enjoy learning. It%26#039;s more fun than always drinking and partying. If you get an education you%26#039;ll be able to enjoy life for the rest of it. Watch the squirrels. They work hard for 90% of the time and play 10%. That%26#039;s what life is like. Work hard but if you%26#039;re fortunate and take care to get enough nuts gathered then you can play. If you don%26#039;t take time to gather your nuts you%26#039;ll never be able to play because you%26#039;ll never have enough nuts. Balance.