Saturday, June 4, 2011

Will my passport number/file number be changed when changing my address??

Actually I gave the scanned copy of my passport to a company which is faked - I later came to know. When or in which situation the existing passport number may be changed? Plz inform me.|||A new passport number is given whenever a new passport is issued. A new passport is issued upon renewal, loss, change of address, change of name.|||Then you agree with me that changing address will result in change of the passport number and/or file number??

Report Abuse


|||you cannot change your passport number unless a new passport is issued to you (in lieu of a lost / damaged / expired passport only) which will offcourse bear a new number. infact your old passport number and file reference number are used for issuing a new one. if you change the address also, it is done on your existing file number / passport number.|||No, your file no. and all previous thing will be intact only those thing will changed about that you are desire ... but these things also having limitations ..