Saturday, June 4, 2011

Homework for Macroeconomics: I need small business owners to answer these questions or anyone else who knows?

1. What are some limitations you faced in starting your business.


2. Were these limitations necessary?


3. Should their have been more or fewer limitations?


4. Under what heading of reasons for government intervention would you put each of the limitation?


5. What kind of taxes do you pay and what benefits do you believe it gets for those taxes?


6. Are you satisfy with the existing situation? Why? What would it change?|||1. Limitations - Not enough money, poorly trained staff, building that needed a lot of work. Finding clients is also a challenge. Advertising only works if you have a longterm campaign going or a really good reason for them to come see you.





2. Necessary? No. I eventually fired everyone. Went with marketing instead of advertising (slower longterm growth of clients.)





3. Should???? It is what it is. Do I think I deserve to have things harder or easier?





4. The only real government nuisance I have is with the Medicare program and the way it is structured. It limits me from treating anyone on it, without filing a whole bunch of paperwork, as well as opening up liability for my business to some hefty fines.





5. Income, property, sales, employee taxes. I get absolutely NO benefit from any of these taxes. The employee taxes were a deciding factor in terminating the staff.





6. Which situation? It would be nice to have competent employees, but I ended up paying almost 1/2 of what I payed them in taxes.|||1. Availability of capital


2. %26quot;Necessary?%26quot; Do you mean %26quot;unavoidable%26quot;?


3. Fewer


4. Government has nothing to do with it.


5. Personal income tax: the vast majority is wasted; sales tax: again, wasted.


6. What %26quot;situation%26quot;?