Saturday, June 4, 2011

What would it be like to know every single word that existed? Would you ever be at a loss for words?

Maybe just in one language, such as English.


What would it be like? How would your life change if you always had the proper word for any situation?|||Even if I knew them all I%26#039;d be sure to forget the one I wanted when I needed it. But it doesn%26#039;t really matter because even if I had instant recall I%26#039;d more often than not be confronted by a phalanx of dropped jaws.|||People might begin to avoid you after a time.|||That%26#039;s a funny question. Sadly, yes you would be at a lost for words. If you%26#039;re not a quick thinker you could be at a loss and also, you may know so many words that you take too much time thinking about which words to place and where...Think about it.|||Yes. I don%26#039;t know all the words and am looking for those I DO know. I%26#039;d take even longer looking for them if I cluttered my mind with an even bigger vocabulary.





And who would understand my elocuism?|||It would be useful if you were a teacher, a student, or something like that. You could be at a loss for words. You know the word, but you can%26#039;t think of it. It%26#039;s like you know you have the remote control to the TV and you know what it is, but you can%26#039;t find it.|||The recognized and authoritative person for this was Sir Winston Churchill .. it was said that he could use over 90% of the English language in its correct form and without resorting to confabulation .. in today%26#039;s world with the language being so dynamic it would be bordering on impossible to have complete knowledge at your grasp. My vocubalary, as tested recently by a University, is mainly consistant of some 42,000 words .. Mr. Average uses about 100-11000 different words .. therefore my command of the English language would appear to be somewhat more extensive than the norm but by no means fully advantageous to my present or future goals, targets, objectives and perceived achievments.