Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sharing a drive w/ the "Everyone," I changed the Permission for "Changing Permissions." Can I change it back?

Vista Ultimate 32 Bit


As I am a memebr of the %26quot;Everyone%26quot; group I have now locked myself out of changing permissions. As I still need to manage the existing files on the drive, this is a very bad situation. Help is appreciated. Thanks.|||Try changing the owner to yourself on all the files. You should still have access as long as you%26#039;re an administrator. If you can change the owner, do so, then change the owner back to %26#039;Administrators%26#039; after you have changed the %26#039;everyone%26#039; permissions.





Another note, Deny permissions take precedence over allow permissions.|||u must mean sharing?


if u change the permissions, but in regards to what.


more specific. is it your cd drive?