Tuesday, September 20, 2011

HELP! depression and distorted images of life?

i am in therapy for social anxiety. i also have ocd and depression. i have barely any friends, but lately i decided to talk to an old classmate who i used to talk to and i have hung out with his friends. and i have to say, it really changed my perspective of what relationships are like. my problem is that i dont always feel that good. i have this distorted image of life and relationships, like its always depressing and not fun at all. i have these moods. i know this sounds weird, its hard to describe. anyway, i create these scenarios about what will happen and how i am going to feel around certain people that i dont even know yet. when i am happy, my perception of thintgs change. but i still have the depression and its hard to get out of these episodes. i know the answer may seem obvious, but do you think my ocd has to do with creating these situations that dont even exist? has depression done this to anyone on here? please answer.|||Depression distorts your view of many things. Sometimes it%26#039;s hard to see the good or happy in anything. Seems you%26#039;re always looking for that what if. I%26#039;m thinking your social anxiety along with the OCD are adding to the way you feel about situations as well. Best of luck to you.|||I predict what will happen. It is a bummer when like none come true. Or, it might be really good something bad didn%26#039;t happen. I know they will like not come true. It has always been fun for me ever since I was a little girl just to imagine what might happen. I can%26#039;t think of like one time when it actuakky happened though.


You are not alone. I have social anxiety, depression , O.C.D., and I am also suicidal.