Friday, September 23, 2011

Why not force society to legalize all types of relationship?

For example bigamy, polygamy, incest, consensual sex between a 28 year old man and 14 year old girl, etc.... since gays want to force society to recognize their union to be called marriage.





I am of course not for legalizing incest, bigamy, etc. but I am just asking because I am proving the point that there are boundaries that should exist for every situation.





Yes this is a stupid question, but the comparison of gay marriage to Brown vs. Board of education and the hundreds of years of excruciating oppression of African Americans even to this day, is just as stupid. There use to be actual laws making it ok to dehumanize African Americans and defining them as property, just because they were Black. Jim Crow laws made it so that a person of color was limited in every way including voting, just because of the color of their skin. Interracial marriage was outlawed because people didn%26#039;t want blacks to %26quot;mix and contaminate%26quot; white blood.





African Americans can not hide the color of their skin. And when African Americans were mixed to looking almost white, they were forced with the choice of %26quot;passing%26quot; in order for society to give them a fair chance based on the merit of their work, thoughts, etc. Gays have never been forced to sit in the back of the bus or even give up their seat just because they were gay. Gay were not being killed just because they so much as even whistled at a person of the opposite race. Gays were never forced into slavery. I can go on with endless example that can cast a very broad difference between gays plight vs African Americans. In essence, gays are able to function in society just like anyone else. Gay is a behavior not a physical attribute. Physical attributes can not be hidden or changed just because one feels like being black or not. So it is NOT the same!





I am in no way belittling the suffering gays have gone through because of hate crimes. Those acts are not right in any way! I just said this question to prove a point. The point of how rules are establish to govern our behaviors. People have many WANTS, but doesn%26#039;t mean that our wants make it right to do whatever we want to. I don%26#039;t hate gays because then I would be hating my own father, uncle, some of my aunts, friends, and great coworkers. I am just voicing my disagreement with various points that I have heard and read.|||all of what you have said is true. Many gay people will argue that being gay is not a choice when it is. Okay you have this attraction for the same sex but no one makes you act on them, you choose to. So what I am saying is just because you choose to do something dont force it on me. I have plenty of gay family and friends but I do not approve of what they do but I still love them. People can argue that since their great grandparents, grandparents, and parents smoked, that they did not chose to. That still doesnt mean that I will just accept you blowing smoke in my face while I am pregnant. So okay have you relationship but dont try to force your lifestyle on me...|||I%26#039;m sick of this argument.





Some of the relationship types you cited ARE NOT CONSENSUAL.





An underage person can not give mature consent because they have not reached the age at which it is deemed by the majority to be old enough to make an informed decision.





And anyone who wants to bring up bestiality, same argument. Animals cannot give consent, therefore it is an invalid point.





And polygamy? Well why not? The mormons seem to be very fond of that idea, and they supported Prop 8....talk about your double standards|||What can one say? We are living in an evil age. The end of world is not too far from us.|||I think the line that needs to be enforced is MINOR CHILDREN have no business being sexualized by adults.





I feel whatever consenting adults want to do should not be legislated except public sexual display. That%26#039;s not appropriate by any sexual persuasion. The thing about public display is that it is not consentual and that%26#039;s my only issue with it. If people are consenting i really have no place protesting it - if i don%26#039;t like something i don%26#039;t worry about it nor think I have the right to change people.





No one can come up with any proof gay unions harm people in any way. So I think people need to back off that.