Friday, September 23, 2011

Last day of the rest of my life?

Last day of the rest of my life


I wish I would%26#039;ve known


Cause I didn%26#039;t kiss my mama goodbye





I didn%26#039;t tell her that I loved her and how much I care


Or thank my pops for all the talks


And all the wisdom he shared





Unaware, I just did what I always do


Everyday, the same routine


Before I skate off to school





But who knew that this day wasn%26#039;t like the rest


Instead of taking a test


I took two to the chest





Call me blind, but I didn%26#039;t see it coming


Everybody was running


But I couldn%26#039;t hear nothing





Except gun blasts, it happened so fast


I don%26#039;t really know this kid


Even though I sit by him in class





Maybe this kid was reaching out for love


Or maybe for a moment


He forgot who he was


Or maybe this kid just wanted to be hugged


Whatever it was


I know it%26#039;s because





We are, We are, the youth of the nation





Little Suzy, she was only twelve


She was given the world


With every chance to excel





Hang with the boys and hear the stories they tell


She might act kind of proud


But no respect for herself





She finds love in all the wrong places


The same situations


Just different faces





Changed up her pace since her daddy left her


Too bad he never told her


She deserved much better





Johnny boy always played the fool


He broke all the rules


So you would think he was cool





He was never really one of the guys


No matter how hard he tried


Often thought of suicide





It%26#039;s kind of hard when you ain%26#039;t got no friends


He put his life to an end


They might remember him then





You cross the line and there%26#039;s no turning back


Told the world how he felt


With the sound of a gat








Who%26#039;s to blame for the lives that tragedies claim


No matter what you say


It don%26#039;t take away the pain





That I feel inside, I%26#039;m tired of all the lies


Don%26#039;t nobody know why


It%26#039;s the blind leading the blind





I guess that%26#039;s the way the story goes


Will it ever make sense


Somebody%26#039;s got to know





There%26#039;s got to be more to life than this


There%26#039;s got to be more to everything


I thought exists|||I didn%26#039;t read the whole thing but it seems like another one of those sad poems.......|||uuuuuuuuhhhhhh|||Stop writing about life and live it instead|||If you have written that, it was lovely. The way it was expressed, mind blowing.





Keep up the good work !|||Hey I think it%26#039;s an OK job of contemporary amateur poetry... Pretty decent attempt to convey ur anguish... Keep it goin... :-)|||POD...





I love that song.





Youth Of The Nation





It makes me sad though because i remember the Columbine high school shooting :(|||Thank you....|||I prefer Ode to a Nightingale.