Thursday, September 15, 2011

PPO Health Insurance acceptance with pre-existing condition?

The company I work for recently change our health insurance from PPO to HMO Health Net. I am so livid as I have narcolepsy and I really do not want to go to a doctor that I do not know. The drugs I take daily are controlled substances. I have had the same doctor for years and knows my whole story. I am willing to pay any amount (within reason)for PPO insurance.

If anyone has been in a similar situation, can you please let me know how you dealt with it?



Thanks!
PPO Health Insurance acceptance with pre-existing condition?
Talk to them about what they will and won't accept. I was diagnosed with Lupus many years ago while insured with HAP and after my seperation from my ex I lost my insurance. I went on to find a job and was insured by the employer, also through HAP. After my company was bought out I lost that job and my insurance once again. I went without insurance for over 5 years until I got married last year. My husband's insurance through work is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Community Blue Plan. Even with my pre-existing condition they took me on. I was told this was okay because my pre-existing condition was diagnosed WHILE insured...even if it wasn't with them. Now if I had done to the doctor's uninsured, had been diagnosed, then applied for coverage...it would have been a different story.. At least that's what the insurance rep said. Good luck.