Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I never really had friends when younger Im 28 no guy friends @ all?

I get a lil sad when my 19 yr old sister comes home from work then 20 mins later goes out I am completely house bond now that Im older too I think it%26#039;s even harder to make friends Im scared too never going to meet that special some1 to marry Im in counseling now but all it is is talking you can talk about things until the cows come home or write a book the problem still exist and I don%26#039;t know what to do on how to go about changing the situation, don%26#039;t even have a cousin to hang out w/ they%26#039;re all strange thinking they%26#039;re better than us when we were growing up. relatives suck too the one I gave up asking to get together she always had excuses I have ppl who will have sex with anyone or will criticize me wanting to be friend me and if I say no my family tells me Im picky IM not picky Im careful and some of them don%26#039;t even take care of their kids some 1 else does makes me even more down when Im around them bad for my self esteem guy wise I don%26#039;t think it%26#039;s safe for a loner to get a bfd|||I believe the best thing you can do is join groups that do things you enjoy... A book club, rock climbing, whatever it may be. Go to a singles group at a church. You have to make yourself available. You can%26#039;t wait for someone to come to you or invite you along.|||Ok, first of all... why are you comparing yourself to your family? They know nothing about your situation and vice versa. Rise above that petty bullsh*t and concentrate on yourself. Frankly, you seem to be using their shortcomings as an excuse for yours - and that doesn%26#039;t fly here.





Secondly, are you afraid of leaving your house? Do you have Social Anxiety disorder? Or do you just stay home because you have no friends?





Small steps here. Try going out to a bookstore. Pick up a book and go sit in the coffee shop of the bookstore. Every so often, look up and see if you can make eye contact with anyone. Try this once or twice a week and see what happens.





You need to work on your confidence and getting out - even just to read - is still getting out! Baby steps.